April 15, 2011

Greensboro Goodwill Grand Opening April 19th-23rd

I am so excited! Like, really excited! The the newest Triad Goodwill is finally opening in Greensboro at 3519 N. Elm St. The Goodwill location that I shopped the most closed a few months ago to make way for the opening of this new location which is just minutes from my house, near the intersection of Pisgah Church and N. Elm, across the street from the Harris Teeter and Ace Hardware stores shopping center (The Village at North Elm), behind Walgreens on the corner. Here's the address if my directions aren't good enough, lol.

Greensboro
3519 N. Elm Street
336-282-6402

Among the many things that I love about shopping at Goodwill is finding an item that I normally wouldn't buy in a department store without the buyer's remorse if I never wear it. A while ago, my friend Tamara and I spent a much needed girl's day thrifting and catching up (it's so time for another one). She picked out this blouse and suggested that I try it on. I didn't think it was really my style, but tried it on anyway and really liked it. I especially like the cutout detail in the back and when it's at least 60 degrees in the morning when I'm leaving the house, I plan to wear without a tank underneath. I've only been at work a few hours and have already received a few compliments. Good looking out Tamara! Now let's plan another girl's day!

George (Walmart) Cardigan [$14]
Cato Ruffle Blouse - Goodwill [$3.75]
Bijou Gold Flats - Yard Sale [Gift from Mom]
GAP Bootcut Dark Denim Jeans

The same thing happened with this sweater, when I first saw it last week in Goodwill, I skipped over it. After doing another walk-thru I decided to try it on and I really liked how it fit. For only $3.75 if I don't wear it again, it's not a huge deal. If I would have purchased at a department store for double or triple the cost and didn't wear it again, now that is a problem. But I like it, it's definitely a different look for me.
cable & gauge Sweater - Goodwill [$3.75]
The Limited Pants - Uptown Cheapskate [$14.99]
Nine West Purse - Ross [$24.99]
Accessories - NY&CO and Thrifted

Happy shopping and hope to see you at Goodwill next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment