April 7, 2011

Keeping it Classic: Black and White

George (Walmart) Blouse
Xhiliration (Target) Flats
The Limited Wideleg Pants - Goodwill [$3.75]
5 Piece Pedestal Dining Set - Yard Sale [$30]
Spray Paint and Gloss - Lowe's [$4.24 each]

Every woman should have that classic black and white outfit that makes you look and feel good. I've had this shirt for at least three years now and I wear it every spring when the weather is just beginning to warm up. This outfit also happens to match my kitchen and NEW (well new to me) 5 piece dining set that I found at a yard sale! This was really one of those lucky finds that would probably never happen again because I didn't venture out until after 9 am (true yard sale shoppers know that by then all the good stuff is usually gone) with intentions of getting some gas and heading home after spending the night at my mama's house. I couldn't believe that this set was only $35, so I called my mama, who called my daddy, who happened to be right down the street to come and load it up. The owner didn't have any change so, I got it for only $30!! This set was in great condition with a few speckles on the top of the table, that was easily fixed with a can of spray paint. I have to add a clear gloss this weekend and find some red seat cushions. I really wish I knew how to sew, I would make some seat cushions and matching curtains. Sometimes the best deals are just meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment