April 6, 2011

Spring Color Blocking: Blue and Yellow

Outfit 1:
Old Navy Cropped Cardigan - Uptown Cheapskate [$4.99]
NY&Co Yellow Maxi Dress
White Stag (Walmart) Tank
Nine West Tan Purse - Ross [$24.99]

Outfit 2:
INC International Concepts (Macy's) T-shirt - Goodwill [$3.75]
Yellow and Gold Bangles - Forever 21
Merona (Target) Scarf

I receive so many compliments when I wear blue, so I'm not sure if that's what made it my favorite color or my love of Duke Basketball since as far back as I can remember, or the brief love affair with Dallas Cowboys football back in the day. Anyway, blue and yellow are definitely my GO TO colors for the spring! Up until this week, I've only been wearing cobalt blue on my toes (see Manicure and Pedicure). Now that the weather is warming up in NC, I'm finally able to incorporate my favorite color into my everyday wear and I am absolutely loving it! I am also loving the latest addition to my handbag family. I really wanted a Coach, but just couldn't justify the purchase with my birthday and mother's day next month (hint, hint family and friends) so I went with one of my favorite brands, Nine West in a neutral tan color that will compliment the many colors I have planned for the spring and summer.
  
So funny story, after taking the first few pictures for today's post this morning, I walk in my office and Rhonda compliments me on my outfit, then gasps "But, where is your necklace?" You know you have a good friend when she takes the necklace from around her neck and offers it to you make your outfit fabulous. Thanks Rhonda, she's always looking out!

Finally, I just love how a few accessories can take a simple t-shirt to another level. I found this INC t-shirt at Goodwill brand new (still had the tags on it)! I added a yellow scarf and yellow and gold bangles for a simple weekend look (or blue and gold Friday - Spartan Spirit!).

No comments:

Post a Comment