May 16, 2012

Long Pink Skirt and Vintage Earrings


Date Night
Long Pink Skirt - Goodwill, N. Elm St

I finally found some time in my busy, crazy life to go shopping using the $50 Goodwill Gift Card I won a few weeks ago. I didn't have anything particular in mind when I headed to my favorite Triad Goodwill location on N. Elm St. but it didn't take long for me to find a few items to add to my collection. I was so hestitant about buying this long pink skirt up until when I was almost ready to check out. It seemed a little old fashioned, but the color was fabulous and it's a great alternative to a pleated maxi skirt. I ended up creating several outfits that will easily transition from Sunday's best to date night.

Weekend Ready
Here's what I started out with, a simple NY&CO shaper tank and flat gladiator sandals. I could probably get away with this look on the weekend with a strapless bra or a tank with thicker straps.
Classic Weekend
I added a royal blue blouse that I tied at the waist for a cropped look. This look would be okay with flats or wedges depending on where you decide to wear it.
Sunday's Best
I added a navy blazer, white button up, and wedge sandals. I wore this outfit to church for Mother's Day
Picture Perfect
I added a mint green cropped sweater (a thrift gift from my mama). The sweater is a little too big so I belted it for a slimming effect. The belt is also a thrift gift from my mama.

Vintage Earring $3 each
Goodwill, N Elm



I am really feeling my TWA these days!! I've decided to grow my frohawk out a little since it's getting close to summer and I refuse to be in the barbershop every week to keep it in order. I'm also trying EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel again. I co-wash my hair with Suave Naturals, add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and finally gel. My hair is long enough to comb coil, but I just haven't had the patience to sit down and do it. I'm going for a cropped TWA look, well for now anyway.

1 comment:

  1. First off I love your hair! Secondly, you worked that skirt ma'am! I am so serious, I am probably going to recreate at least three of those outfits as soon as I find a pink maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete