December 12, 2012

Goodwill Rock the Runway 2013: Announcement



Earlier this year I attended the 3rd Annual Triad Goodwill Fashion Show and had an amazing time.

 I am excited to announce that next year, IMPR4Less will

 
Friday, March 1, 2013
http://www.goodwillrocktherunway.org/index.html 

Being asked to model is truly a blessing and an honor that I didn't see coming at all. I absolutely love shopping at Goodwill and sharing my thrifted outfits, but I am looking forward to getting on the runway! 

Moment to Reflect

I remember when I first started college and was certain that I wanted to be a a middle school english teacher, a family friend suggested that I consider modeling. I thought he was crazy! Back then I was a size 2, but after years of being teased about being super skinny, wearing glasses, and having short nappy hair (let's not even discuss the jheri curl years), being a model was the absolute last thing on my "When I Grow Up" list. I'm no longer a size 2, I still wear glasses, and my hair is short, natural, and nappy by choice and modeling still isn't on my vision board. But I have never been more confident in my entire life having discovered my true passion and purpose! I'm looking forward to all of the unexpected surprises that are coming my way.

A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.
Proverbs 18:16 NKJV

2 comments:

  1. You're the perfect model for our show! Your smile popped right off the screen and we're so happy to have you be a part of this event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was at the show earlier this year. I'm surprised I didn't see you. I'll definitely try to make it this upcoming year. I'm sure you'll do well "rocking the runway"! :-)

    ReplyDelete