May 20, 2011

1 Dress, 3 Looks

Last week, I posted pictures of the $6 summer dresses that I purchased at Maxway, but here’s how you can take one of the dresses from weekend to work with just a few quick and easy changes:
1.  Out Shopping


This is a simple weekend, going shopping look. I paired the dress with a body shaper tank and flip flops. It's easy to slip in and out of when I’m trying on clothes and I'm already wearing a shaper so I know how new clothes will fit.
Summer Dress [$6], NY&CO Body Shaper Tank, Old Navy Flip Flops

2. Date Night 
I pulled the dress down to show the body shaper tank underneat. Then, I folded the top half of the dress inside (it's elastic making it easy to fold) and tucked in the straps. Finally, I added a wide belt, accessories, and GUESS platform pumps, now I’m ready for a date with my guy or drinks with the girls.
 Summer Dress [$6], NY&CO Body Shaper Tank, Wide Belt, GUESS Pumps-Goodwill [$4]

3. Work

I had been eyeing a similar short-sleeved jacket at NY&CO, but before I could buy it, it went on clearance and I could no longer find it in my size. This jacket is definitely one of my “Goodwill Finds of the Week”.  I added a skinny blue belt, simple accessories, and switched out the GUESS pumps for classic Nine West Pumps for a more professional look.
AB Studio Jacket - Goodwill [$3.75], Blue Skinny Belt - Plato's Closet [$3]

2 comments: