May 16, 2011

$6 Summer Dresses

a.n.a Cardigan - JC Penny 
Blue Skinny Belt - Plato's Closet [$3]
 GUESS Platform Pumps - Goodwill [$5]
Covington Cardigan - Goodwill [$3.75]
Apostrophe Belt - Sears [$2.39]
 Mossimo Nude Pumps - Target [$22]
 NY&CO Accessories [$ 8.75]

Summer Dress, Maxway [$6]
 That's Right! Brand New!  

A few weeks ago I was reminded of how important it is to have the basic wardrobe essentials when I had to go all over town searching for a white shirt and black pants for Camden to wear to the Greensboro Boys and Girls Club Fundraiser Gala. It was a few more days until pay day and my shopping budget for the month was already gone so I had to dip into the emergency fund. While out shopping I found these dresses and thought to myself, this would be perfect for someone who needed an outfit immediately and didn't have a lot of time to search thrift and consignment shops, but also didn't have a whole lot of money to spend on an entire new outfit. I paired both of these dresses with items that I already in my closet. Some items were recent purchases (both pairs of shoes), but both cardigans I've had for at least a year now. I added some accessories (for less than $20 total) and created two great looks, now that's what IMPR(4L)ess is all about. I have a few more ideas for these dresses as the weather continues to warm up.

For those of you who have never heard of Maxway, it's comparable to Family Dollar, Super Dollar, or Dollar General. There are two in Greensboro, on Summit Ave and Randleman Road. Now the quality of these dresses, they will more than likely only last for one season with normal washing (but so do most items from Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe at double or triple the cost). From time to time Maxway also carries name brands from NY&CO to Faded Glory (Walmart). I've got Mecca, U.S. Polo Assn., and Point Zero for Camden and name brand men's dress shirts in the past. I've also known them to carry suits for men, women, and boys for $30. And if you are looking for a church hat, they have those too. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment