February 11, 2011

5 Trend-Proof Tops for Your Wardrobe | Real Simple

5 Trend-Proof Tops for Your Wardrobe Real Simple by Yolanda Wikiel

Classic Tops that get you through almost any situation are investment worthy staples

I wasn't surprised at all to find that I have 3 out of the 5 Trend-Proof Tops featured in Real Simple Magazine. I am all about purchasing quality staple items that can be revamped year after year. I will admit that it is a little difficult to find a quality, crisp white shirt at Goodwill but after looking for a few weeks I found an Old Navy Shirt with ruffle details. If you are looking to get all these tops in one shopping trip, definately shop in the off season and stock up. Here's a few suggestions:

1. Walmart, Kmart, and Target
I was browsing in Walmart earlier this week and found a white button-down shirt for $7 and an entire rack of solid-colored cardigans for $5.

2. TJMaxx, Marshalls, Ross, and Burke's Outlet
These stores carry Liz Claiborne and other Famous Maker brands year-round for less than what you would spend in a department store. Make sure to hit up the clearance section before browsing the racks.

3. Outlet Stores
Typically, I would only go to Tanger Outlets in Myrtle Beach, SC once a year. But, with the new Tanger Oulet in Mebane, NC (only 30 minutes away) I will definately be going more like four times a year.

Old Navy White Button-Down Shirt - Goodwill [$3.75]
George Ivory Cardigan - Walmart [$12]
a.n.a Cowl-Neck Sweater - JCPenny [a few years ago on clearance]

No comments:

Post a Comment