June 7, 2011

Black and White: The Wedding Edition

AB Studio Short-Sleeved Jacket-Goodwill [$3.75]
NY&CO White Lace Skirt $32.95 [$7.95]
Apostrophe (Sears) Belt [$1.49]
Express Beaded Necklace-Plato's Closet [$1]
NY&CO Body Shaper

Over the past few years, there has been an increasing number of weddings and baby showers in my circle of friends, families, and coworkers. In my early twenties I remember saying that I would never attend another wedding until I was married. Now that I'm in my early thirties, I've totally thrown out that saying because there is nothing like a good wedding reception with good music and great cake! And when you've witnessed someone's love story, seeing the beginning of their lives together gives you hope that just maybe one day that could be you in that white dress saying "I do" to your best friend. 

I can never decide what colors are appropriate to wear to spring/summer weddings. I don't want to be so over the top with color that I clash with the wedding colors or so dull and boring that I don't look cute when I take pictures with the bride. Lately, I've just kept it simple with black and white. It seems to be working for me so far at work and at weddings.

NY&CO Black and White Blouse
The Limited Wide-Leg Pants-Goodwill [$3.75]

Top Right: Ann Taylor Loft Blouse, New Directions (Belk) Skirt
Bottom Right: NY&CO Print Dress



No comments:

Post a Comment