December 28, 2011

NYE: Solid Gold H&M Dress

I haven’t been out and about on New Year’s Eve since 2004. I never meant for it to be that long, but I’ve spent the past 7 years either in church or at home when the clock struck midnight. I’m still finalizing plans to bring in 2012, but I just kept coming back to this gold H&M dress last week while finishing up my Christmas shopping for Camden last week. The dress was on clearance for only $5 from it's original $24.95 price. My shopping buddy purchased it for me for Christmas and had the cashier cracking up with “Most value meals at McDonald’s cost more than this dress”. I was thankful because I was already over my $50 Retail Rehab budget. I put together a couple of potential options depending on where I end up this New Year's Eve.
Here’s the dress. It’s simple, a little sheer and clingy, but cute with the right body shaper:

 HOUSE PARTY 

I added a black shrug, black platform sandals, and accessories for a simple, elegant look. If you are cold natured like me, you could also add some black tights and black booties.
NIGHT OUT

I added black leggings, black and gold platform pumps, and accessories. Slightly off the shoulder and a red lips gives the dress a super sexy look.
PRAISE AND WORSHIP
 

I added a black blazer and black pumps. This look would also work with a black or red bootie, but I went with a red lip. A red purse would also dress this outfit up.
So what do think? Which outfit do you like best?

5 comments:

  1. I likey, lots of potential outfits, not bad for $5 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I think I'm going to go with the last outfit. I'm a blazer whore so I'm automatically drawn to them, lol. All your options are cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the leggings and the blazer! It's so festive (with the gold metallic) and also so chic with the black accents. I hope you had a fantastic New Year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of them! Great price on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them! Great find and you added different pieces for different looks. One outfit with so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete