March 23, 2011

Classic Trench Coat

Long before I started reading Lloyd Boston's "The Style Checklist", I've been in search of the perfect classic trench:


I have a black trench that I purchased a few years ago, and while it's still in style, I really wanted a khaki trench that I can wear for spring and summer. I headed out to Tanger Outlets in Mebane, NC over the weekend with 30% off coupons for the Banana Republic Outlet and Gap Outlet stores. I really liked the Banana Republic trench, it was lined and was the perfect length but the color was lighter that what I wanted. The GAP trench was just okay, it came in some bright colors for the spring and summer, but it was just too long, wasn't lined, and the pockets were low, taking out the option to get it hemmed. Both were a little above the price point I wanted to spend. So after consulting with my friend Kei, I decided to pass and keep on looking . . .

and I am so glad I did! I stopped at Burlington Coat Factory in Burlington, NC on my way home and found this Robert Louis trench regular priced at $68 for only $19.99. It's fully lined and the 3/4 sleeve will transition easily from spring to summer. I dropped it off at the dry cleaners to be pressed and Scotchguard treated (I learned this trick from my days as a server/bartender - makes any garment waterproof and stain resistant) to make sure that it stays in like new condition.
Robert Louis Trench - Burlington Coat Factory $68 [$19.99]

No comments:

Post a Comment