January 15, 2011

Fall/Winter Fashions Under $150

How many times have you opened your closet when the season changes and realized you have nothing to wear?  When the weather first started turning chilly back in September 2010 I tried on every pair of pants in my closet only to discover I had like three pair that still fit. I started window shopping at two of my favorite stores, New York and Company and The Limited. I can’t believe I used to spend that much money on pants! Even with sales and/or coupons I was looking at spending at least $50 for two pair of pants in NY&CO and at least $80 for two pair of pants in The Limited! So I began my search in thrift and consignment stores. Along the way I picked up a few additional must haves (I just couldn’t resist those black pumps!) to complete my fall/winter wardrobe. When I added it all up, I purchased 15 name brand items (Yes, George from Wal-Mart is name brand) for less than $150. Don’t believe me? Check out the breakdown:
 
GAP Brown Cable-knit Sweater
3.75
H&M Brown T-Shirt
3.75
Old Navy White Shirt
3.75
George Ivory Print Cardigan
14.00
Banana Republic Ivory Pant
3.75
The Limited Herringbone Pant
14.99
Banana Republic Black Trouser
14.00
George Ivory Cardigan
12.00
Banana Republic Brown Trouser
2.99
The Limited Black 3/4 Sleeve V-neck
3.75
George Black Ponte Knit Sheath
9.00
The Limited Ivory/Black Print Skirt
7.99
Liz Claiborne Framed Satchel Purse
5.00
The Limited Khaki Pants
1.99
Nine West Black Round Toe Pumps
48.00

Total
148.71

1 comment: